Happy Friday Everybody!
We got the update wrapped up faster than expected, so we’ve launched it today rather than holding it until next Tuesday as we originally planned. This update is now live on Steam and Xbox One.
If you missed it, you can see the announcement, along with our Early Access / Game Preview roadmap on our blog post.
Here are the full notes for the patch. As we mentioned in the previous post, this is a more modest update because we’re in the midst of working on some big new features that aren’t quite ready to be launched.
- New Enemy: Pumpkin – replaces Spread Ghost
- New Enemy: Amalgam – replaces Sprinkler Ghost.
- New feature for the dynamic dungeon generator – allows each floor of the house to be visually distinct sub-biomes. Includes some new props and breakable items. This will be expanded over time and eventually applied to the Gardens and the Crypts.
- Reduced Dervish whirl duration from 4.0s to 2.5s, slightly reduced the exhaust duration.
- Bee’s energy consumption rate has been reduced, extending its default lifetime from 3.0s to 5.0s.
- Dr. Mendalots interaction UI element no longer bobs up and down.
Polish and Improvements
- Improved Dervish model, more distinct from Mother.
- Audio improvements for Cauldron rooms.
- Audio pass for the Fly.
- UI now displays correct icons if you’ve remapped controls (PC only).
- Refactored energy regen delay affix so that it displays a negative value as expected in order to communicate clearly.
- Attribute bonus previews have been reworked to provide accurate previews when equipping items.
- The final boss no longer spawns a crystal unless there is a new difficulty level to unlock.
- Enemy health bars are now positioned dynamically to prevent visibility issues when scaling.
- Fixed a bug where the HUD would not update to reflect reduced hit points if you removed a Physical mod gem.
- Fixed a bug where Dragon was not benefitting from movement speed bonuses.
- Fixed a bug where the key would reappear in elevator key rooms if you used the fountain teleporter after retrieving the key and returned to the room.
- Fixed a bug where projectile flashlights misbehaved in elevators.
- Fixed a bug with inconsistent wording for chest interactions.
- Fixed a bug where game credit only triggered when beating the game on very hard difficulty.
- Fixed a bug where poison grates were not toggling on in some challenge rooms.
- Fixed camera behavior bugs in recently-added challenge rooms.
- Fixed some bugs related to floor grates not turning off correctly in boss battles.
- Fixed a bug where the heavy flash gun’s projectiles would disappear instead of playing their expiration effect.
- Fixed a bug where the player was able to move during the fountain interaction cinema.
- Fixed a bug where bomb flinger hazard was launching multiple bombs unintentionally.
- Fixed a bug where flashlight click SFX would play when triggering NPC dialogue.
- Fixed a bug where elites were not scaling correctly, preventing their hit boxes from being accurate.
- Fixed a bug where dining table objects were not blocking projectiles.
- Fixed a bug where Slug Spawner elites were not using an offset when spawning Slugs.
- Fixed a bug where enemies that were Bombed a second time did not show the orbiting bomb.
- Fixed a bug in the dungeon generator that could lead to doorways that did not unlock or led to incorrect rooms, which could block progression.